Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Do's and Don't's Live Blogging an Event

I lived microblogged my second event today, the goodbye too Roel van Duijn. It was quite fun, and I was getting some interesting looks from people as I was typing my commentary into my BlackBerry. I wasn't entirely satisfied with the ease. Both of the events I used Ping.FM, the first using GTalk, which was easy, and the second using Ping.FM Mobile, which is terrible together with the BlackBerry browser.

Firstly I learned I should have read the following two articles, which contain handy tips:I really should have prepared before I went, I didn't know the names of all the guests and didn't know the schedule. I was slightly late, and as I didn't know I was going I didn't really have time to prepare. I really should have used HashTags, I did think about it, but it was all going fast enough that the fleeting thought was discarded.

So I'll know for next time to:
  • Do come prepared
  • Do know who is speaking
  • Do use an easy to use tool
  • Do use hashtags
  • Do take pictures
  • Don't forget the names of the speakers
  • Don't attract too much attention
  • Don't arrive late


I'll update this list and repost with anything which pops into my mind, and naturally comments are welcome.

Technorati Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

Labels: