Thursday, November 27, 2008

FireFox Hacks For Flash #hacks

It always annoys me that when I arrive at a page I get the message:
Additional plugins are required to display all the media on this page.
I don't want to run Adobe's Flash in my current context, I would actually prefer to not run it at all. Even Microsoft agrees that Don't blame us, blame the browser add-ons.
Eric Lawrence Security Program Manager on Microsoft's Internet Explorer team argued on a Black Hat webcast about Clickjacking that Microsoft is not to blame. [...] "One of the things we've seen in the last two years is that attackers aren't even going after the browser itself anymore. The browser is becoming a harder target and there are many more browsers," Lawrence said. "So attackers are targeting add-ons."
So how did I disable the stupid warning? In FireFox's about:config I changed the plugins.hide_infobar_for_missing_plugin entry from false to true, now I decide when I see a legoblock whether I want that to work or not.
plugins.hide_infobar_for_missing_plugin true


Technorati technorati tags: , , , ,

Labels: ,