Monday, December 27, 2010

This year's book reviews #2010

Programming Hands

As always I read far more in 2010 than I blogged about, and most of the books I did blog about were treasures. I hope I inspired you to read at least one of them.

I’ve had this title in my head for about a week now, the title is natur...

I’m reading Bruce Sterling‘s Islands in the Net – Amazon de...

As followers of mine will know I love xkcd, and he has some gems such as this...

I read Amsterdam: The Brief Life of a City by Geert Mak in English rather tha...

I’ve seen the film more than a dozen times, but I had yet to read Star ...

Brian Jacques‘s book Outcast of Redwallfollows Veil the ferret who is r...

The Odessa File, by Frederick Forsyth, is another of the books I am keeping s...

Brian Jacques‘s book Martin the Warrior is another book from the Redwal...

I found The Moon’s a Balloon, by David Niven, in a box of old books. I ...

Mossflower by Brian Jacques is probably my favourite of the Redwall series, t...

Timothy Leary once told us to “Turn on, tune in, drop out“, and a...

For some reason I had the book Rosalind Franklin: The Dark Lady of DNA, by Br...

After having seen many films and read many books I expected that Hitler: The ...

One of my first real American comics was Thor, I really liked it. Sadly it re...

I like Ontologies, Taxonomies and Folksonomies. I’m currently reading W...

I read Mario Puzo famed book The Godfather after having seen the movie a numb...

As I previously said I bought Anathem at the same time I bought Cryptonomicon...

I borrowed a number of books from an aunt of mine, who reviewed these books f...

I was standing in a secondhand book store with my father, and we wandered rou...

As an early Christmas gift my father gave me vouchers he didn’t want to...

The Snake is the first book I have read by John Godey, it was recommended to ...

In the company I work for they are introducing the Agile FrameWork, in the fo...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,